baby on board

Monday, August 08, 2005

Standing Tall

on the wings of my dreams. Rise and Fall... on the wings of my dreams...

Sorry. I've had the theme song from Perfect Strangers stuck in my head for a few days now. Anyway, Genevieve is quickly mastering the skill of standing upright. She pulls up to a standing position like a pro and is even trying such dare-devil tactics as holding on with only one hand, cruising around objects while holding on for dear life, and the ever famous look-ma-no-hands. She is capable of standing without holding onto something for a few seconds, but then she realizes that she's not holding on and falls down.

Genevieve likes standing so much that she gets angry when she can't do it. She tries very hard to stand up from a sitting position without holding onto anything and just can't do it. This causes her to scream in frustration and look at me like I'm the one keeping her back (see Game Face). I can also tell that she expects to be walking soon and is getting very tired of this crawling around like a heathen nonsense.

In other news, Genevieve is over her virus and feels much better. We're very glad that she is feeling better since otherwise she wouldn't have the energy to rip tape off boxes and quickly stuff it into her mouth before Mommy or Daddy can yank out the sopping wet mass.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home