baby on board

Thursday, May 18, 2006

English as a Second Language




Genevieve attended her first Country Fair in Rutledge, Georgia this past weekend. She absorbed lots of quality southern culture while she was there. We ate funnel cake, her Grandparents bought her a handmade wooden duck push-toy, and she got to see the Sons of the Confederacy march in the parade.




My favorite shirt at the fair was one bearing the rebel flag and the words, "These Colors Don't Run!" I decided that in wasn't in my best interest to point out that the South actually lost the Civil War and instead tried to keep Genevieve from running over people with her new toy.

Genevieve speaks a lot and very well now. She's very good at letting me know what she wants. She may not get what she wants anyway, but at least then I know why she's mad at me. My mother was watching Genevieve when she heard birds outside. She proudly told her Grandmother that she heard a bird. Not fluent in Genevieve, my mother asked her to repeat what she said. Geneveive again said "bird". My mother still wasn't quite sure what she had said. Genevieve then gave her an exasperated look and said, "Chirp! Chirp! Chirp!"

Must be the accent.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home