baby on board

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Save Me

Carrie got to sleep in on Sunday and I had a quiet breakfast with the kids. Genevieve and I started talking about daylight savings time and how I had moved the clocks ahead one hour. "That'll be funny. Don't tell mommy." she said. Genevieve watches a cartoon called Caillou where on April first they set the clocks ahead an hour as a joke on the mother. "Mommy knows; we reset them last night." I told her. "But then it won't be a surprise." she replied disappointedly.

Obviously she didn't quite get the concept so I tried to explain it but she still seemed stymied. Monday morning rolls around and it is 7 AM (formerly known as 6 AM) and time for breakfast. I have to rouse a sleeping Genevieve from her bed. "Daddy, its not morning yet, why are you waking me up?" I tried to explain daylight savings one last time and finally gave up. She'll just have to wait another 6 months to try to figure it out, although I'm pretty sure the conversation will go the other way at that time. "Genevieve, go back to bed. It's only 6 AM."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home