baby on board

Friday, September 18, 2009

No Baby

Genevieve is well aware that she has a sibling on the way. She seems pretty happy about this and even asks when we are going to have another one. I tried telling her that I am done but she's not having it.

It is a little harder to explain to Sophie what is happening. We have a book that describes how the baby grows in Mommy's belly but I'm pretty sure she just sees it as a cute little story we read from time to time and not as something that is pertinent to her life. I have tried directly explaining to Sophie that there is a baby in Mommy's belly. She responded by lifting up my shirt, poking me in the belly button, looking at me with an air of condescension it's hard to imagine a two-year-old being capable of, and then saying, "No baby." Apparently she thinks Mommy is a big, fat liar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home