baby on board

Sunday, October 03, 2010

September Round-up

Genevieve started first grade this month. She was a little nervous for the first day. Possibly because I told her that her teacher liked to eat children. She must have gotten over that fear because she had a wonderful time and loves her class. Here is a photo of her getting ready to go to class on the first day.



Sophie also started her second year of nursery school; Carrie was a little concerned that she would be upset that she had different teachers. On the first day Carrie walked her to the door and said, "Sophie, this is Mrs. XXXX. Mrs. XXXX this is...." upon looking down to complete the introduction she realized that Sophie was already in the classroom and playing with toys. The teacher looked at Carrie and said, "We won't have any separation problems with this one." A friend of ours who dropped her daughter off a little later said that, when she arrived, half the class was screaming, half were watching screaming kids and Sophie was playing happily with the toys.

I don't have any pictures of Sophie on her first day but here are some pictures of her playing in a box.



On Labor day weekend I took the girls to the Central park zoo. I had never been and didn't quite know what to expect. Now that I've been I can say that I certainly wouldn't plan any trips around it but if I were passing by I wouldn't pass it up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home