baby on board

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Gimme Dat

All the kids love playing with my blackberry (cellphone) and they are pretty durable devices so I don't mind letting them smash the buttons. I do have to field the occasional 911 call. "Uhhh...sorry, my kid dialed 911." I appreciate the need to be able to call for emergency services but did they have to set it up so that there is a 30% chance of having the phone call 911 if buttons are randomly pressed? However, I digress.

Jonah loves the blackberry and it was one of his earliest words until it was replaced with "phone" and "play games". Lately he has started calling it blackberry again but now he confuses it with his other fruit words.

"Blackberry?"
"No Jonah, not now."
Perhaps he misunderstood me, "Strawberry?"
"I need it, you may not have it."
Clearly I've got the wrong word, "Grape?"
"No, it isn't time to play with the cell phone."
"WAHHHHH"


In Sophie news, I found her sitting on top of our coffee table while watching television today. This by itself wouldn't be an issue but she was balanced precariously upon four throw pillows and was periodically catching herself so should wouldn't crash to floor. After watching mesmerized for about 60 seconds I told her that if she wanted to balance on top of pillows she needed to do it on the floor. "Or the couch," Genevieve chimed in. While I agree that the couch is safer as you can only crash to the floor in one direction instead of four I told her that the couch wasn't an acceptable alternative to the floor. I'm amazed these kids have made it this far without serious head trauma.


Recently I've asked Genevieve if she remembers certain things we did last year. "Do you remember doing X?" or "Yes, you have done that. Do you remember when we took you to X and you saw Y?" Genevieve has informed us that she learned so much in school this year that she has forgotten these things. I am glad she is reading and can add but I wish she could remember some of the trips I've taken her on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home