baby on board

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Affection

What do you get when you cross an infant who wants to show affection with an infant that wants to devour everything in sight? Little Genevieve.

According to all the experts, six months is about the time when most infants will try to kiss or hug you back. This is possibly to show affection towards you or just an act of mimicry. Genevieve likes hugging things like her stuffed animals, but I'm pretty sure this is so she can stuff more of them into her mouth without them getting away. She has also recently started kissing me back after I kiss her. She does this by grabbing onto my ears, hair, or nose, yanking her self violently against either my chin, nose, or cheek, and then sucking and biting ravenously. From my point of view it looks like a cross of Night of the Living Dead and Piranha. She usually will continue with the sucking and gumming until I pull her off of my face. Part of me thinks this is very cute and is convinced that this is just her way of showing that she loves me. Another part of me just thinks that she wants to eat my face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home