baby on board

Saturday, November 07, 2009

Kids Say The Darndest Things

Genevieve recently had a few amusing misunderstandings.

"Genevieve, can you go pick up that phone book over there and bring it to me." "Daddy, why did you say foam? This book isn't made out of foam."

"Sophie is invited to my birthday party and so are you and so is Jonah and so is Noodles."
"Well, Noodles can't come to your party."
"Why not?"
"She has to hold down the fort."
"Why does she need to hold down the floor?"
"I said: fort. Hold down the fort."
"What fort?"
"It is a saying. It means she needs to watch the house."
"She'd have to do that from outside."

good grief.

Sophie has also started on a strange mannerism. She used to call me mommy-daddy which isn't too surprising as I'm clearly the daddy version of mommy. Now she calls me Daddy-daughter. It isn't just me though, she calls Carrie: Mommy-daughter. While this is odd what makes it odder still is that she wants to be called Sophie-Cinderella. I don't mind calling her Cinderella but I really wish she would mop the floors.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Do you remember, "Pick up your feet"?

     
  • At 1:15 PM, Blogger Lee said…

    You use a phone book? What country do you live in?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home