baby on board

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Jonah at 21 months

Jonah's 21-month check-up started off well. He was happily playing with the toys in the waiting room when the nurse called his name. He was happy while I was undressing him and would make comments about what he saw in the room. Then the measuring began. I had to pin him down for the nurse to get his height while he kicked and screamed as if he contracted a flesh eating virus. The weight measurement was worse. He clung to me like a rabid koala bear until the nurse literally ripped him off of me, threw him on the scale and instantaneously yelled out a number. I will post his stats here but I make no claims to their validity. He calmed down after the nurse left and played hide and seek with me while we waited for the doctor. This involved him covering his face and counting to five or higher (not necessarily in order) and then saying, "Ready not, here I come!" Then the doctor entered and the screaming resumed. The doctor said that Jonah is fine and that we get to do this again in three months. Joy.

Height: around 34.5"
Weight: around 27 pounds

In case you are concerned Jonah is normally a very happy child. I have the pictures to prove it.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home