baby on board

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Say My Name

On December 30, Genevieve had her Baby Naming ceremony at Danny's parents' house. Her Hebrew name is Gittel Adara, which means "good beauty" or something like that. While the last part is definitely accurate, the first part remains to be seen.

My parents and Grandmother were in town all last week, so thankfully they were able to attend the naming. I was very surprised when they left to find that Genevieve was still here. I think my father held her more in one week than I have in one month.

Speaking of one month, her one month birthday is Thursday. As cliche as it sounds, it really does feel like she was just born yesterday. Maybe what my parents say is true, that kids grow up before you know it. Even if that is the case, I still wish we could fast forward to the day when she can change her own diapers and fix her own meals. Sleeping through the night wouldn't be bad, either.

Stay tuned for her one month doctor's visit this Friday, when we start her immunizations. I hope she's better with needles than her father...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home