baby on board

Sunday, February 13, 2005

My daughter the parrot

It is getting obvious that Genevieve has started becoming aware of her surroundings. She will fixate on things like the dolls on her dresser and track them with her eyes as you walk her around the room. She also understands that if her pacifier slips out of her mouth a bit she can use the back of her hand to push it back in. Unfortunately she hasn't completely grasped this concept because sometimes she'll just yank it even further out of her mouth and end up tossing it across the crib. This only serves to make her angry.

She has also started to pay attention other toys. Both her crib and her bouncy chair have mirrors that she will stare into. I don't think she is being vain as I've been told she doesn't realize that what she is looking at is her. She thinks that it is another baby. This is the same trick that they use on parrots to keep them from being lonely. This coupled with my mother walking around saying, "Who's a pretty girl? Who's a pretty girl?" all the time leads me to think my baby will be squawking in no time.

I've got to go; I think baby wants a cracker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home