baby on board

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Today I have a daughter

That probably sounds odd but it's true. Up until now I felt like a caretaker for this demi-human. All she did was cry. She cried about being hungry, being messy being cold. That was all she did. However, in the last few days she has started smiling.

She's still not very good at it. Sometimes, when she attempts a smile, her forehead gets furrowed and her eyebrows will arch as she gets frustrated that her lips and cheeks aren't contracting in the way she expected them to. She still cries. In fact, she still cries almost all the time, but now when she is in a lull you can look directly into her eyes and make a cooing sound. If she is in the right mood and all the nerves are firing in the right order, the corners of her lips will turn up and her lower lip will drop a little bit into a toothless grin.

The first time I saw this a chill ran through my body and I thought, "I can handle this. She is going to eventually be a nice little girl." Then she started wailing again.

On an unrelated note she went from 9:00 PM until 6:00 AM without waking up. I think she must be getting some rest for something spectacular this weekend. Hopefully it will happen when Beryl is baby sitting tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home