baby on board

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Moving right along....

Last weekend Carrie and I moved into a new house and for some reason we decided to take along Genevieve. After a week here, I'm starting to second guess that decision and I think I should have left her at my mother's house. She wakes us up every morning, without fail, at around 6:30. At first we thought she didn't like her new crib. We gussied it up with all her old crib toys but to no avail. Then we thought it must be the light. We hung a blanket from the window to block all but the tiniest bit of morning light. Nothing. Then we thought, perhaps she is too hot. We put a fan in her room creating a nice gentle breeze and yet she woke up even earlier this time. Today we are going to buy her an air conditioner. If this doesn't work, I think we'll just turn off the baby monitor.

Her new bedroom has hardwood floors and her new crib easily rolls around the room. Genevieve finds this to be incredibly entertaining. Now, with her new found skills of rocking back and forth on her hands and knees, she can cause the crib to move about. She particularly likes smashing it into the wall that adjoins our bedroom. Being woken up by a crying baby at 6 in the morning is bad but being woken up by the jack-hammering of a crib against the wall is intolerable. I think I need to put bumpers on that thing.

I think there comes a time in a young girl's life where she needs to start taking care of herself. This may be that time. People keep saying that she is advanced for her age. Well, Genevieve, prove it!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home