baby on board

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Black Eyed G

It's actually just red right now, but we'll see how it looks tomorrow. Genevieve has been taking learning to walk very seriously lately and has started to take some shaky first steps. She can usually get one or two steps out before grabbing onto something or falling. In this case she fell on my cedar chest. It has a padded top to keep it from being really dangerous, but Genevieve managed to miss the top altogether and hit her eye on a sharp corner.

Being the good mother that I am, I had already read up on what to do in situations like this. I promptly picked Genevieve up and put an ice pack on her eye to keep down the swelling. This really made her mad. She screamed more from the cold cloth than from hitting her eye. So I went to Plan B, which involved her destroying things I was hoping to read, singing silly songs and dancing around like an idiot. This worked immediately. So much for all that book learnin'.




Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home