baby on board

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Hair today gone tomorrow

When I do the laundry I've noticed little hairs on the clothing before I put them in the washing machine. When I change the sheets I notice hairs there too. Before you jump to any conclusions about the stress causing me to lose my hair; allow me to clarify. While I certainly am losing my share of hair on my pillows every night, I'm talking about Genevieve's clothing and sheets.

She was born with a thick head of hair but over the past month her hair has been getting thinner. She seems to be losing hair at a pretty constant rate. At first I thought it was just her head getting larger and the hair follicles spreading out, but now I'm certain she is losing hair. My first thought was that maybe she could use some baby Rogaine, but I didn't see it at the drug store. According to the doctor this is normal. In fact, there is an amusing anecdote about Carrie's mother fretting about scrubbing off all of Carrie's hair as a child.

We have no clue what her hair will look like when this process is over, but I guess this isn't it. Also, it looks like her eyes are getting lighter. Her eyes have changed from slate grey to a lighter grey. Carrie said the process can take up to a year before we know her final color. Between the hair and the eyes, I have no clue what this frankenbaby will look like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home