baby on board

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Balance




The flight to Georgia was delayed 2.5 hours due to trouble with the plane coming in to LGA. I entertained Genevieve during that time by letting her walk from one end of the gate area to the other, then picking her up and carrying her back to the beginning. She didn't want to hold my hand while walking and doesn't quite understand the command, "Turn around and go back". After doing this for a while I would put her in the stroller and do circuits around the terminal area. Did I mention that we did this for over 3 hours (got to the airport a little early for the original departure time)??? I was quite tired. Genevieve did very well during all of this. She didn't fuss at all and enjoyed the walking/strolling combo. After we finally took off I changed her diaper and she promptly went to sleep for the rest of the plane ride. She was a good girl on the car ride home from the airport. She even sang some to her Grandpa.

As good as she was on the way to Georgia, she was that bad on the way home. She started screaming as soon as we boarded. When she wasn't screaming she would try to rock the seats in front of her or reach through our seats and grab things off the tray tables behind us. When I would tell her to stop, she would start screaming again. I knew it was bad when the flight attendants stopped asking if there was anything that they could do to help (translation: we'll do whatever it takes to get her to shut up) and started asking me if I was going to be ok. She was better on the train ride home. She let people oh-and-ah over her for a few minutes before screaming for the rest of the ride. People that had been saying what a pretty girl she is before were now tapping their feet in hopes that the train would hurry up and let them off.

Thus continues the battle over whether or not Genevieve will be an only child.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home