baby on board

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

A Cut Above

Today Genevieve got her first haircut. I know a lot of parents give their kids haircuts at around a year or so, but I wanted to wait until (a) Genevieve really needed one (she had split ends and really bad tangles) and (b) Genevieve was old enough to say she wanted one. The second part is key since I was definitely afraid of traumatizing her for life and making every subsequent haircut a nightmare. Genevieve and I have been pretending to cut each other's hair for a while now with her bug catcher (her idea) so I thought she was finally ready.

We went to a place that specializes in children's haircuts. They have pink Barbie jeeps and red race cars for chairs. The child gets to pick his/her favorite video to watch while in the chair. While this cost twice as much as it should have you can see from the pictures below that she loved every minute of it. If only I could think of a way to make the dentist seem this much fun.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home