baby on board

Thursday, January 13, 2005

This is what it sounds like when doves cry

Judging by the sounds Genevieve makes I think that my daughter must be in some sort of feral state. I don't think we're so much raising our daughter as we are raising Wild Kingdom. When feeding her at times you are hard pressed to remember that you are in a nursery and not in a menagerie. However, her animal sounds are always amusing.

Here are the 4 most common sounds we hear:
  1. pig - Just before and during feedings she makes these grunting sounds quite like a little pig. In fact sometimes we call her our little piggy. This one is my favorite as it sounds really silly.
  2. owl - I'm not really sure when this one started or what provokes it but she makes some weird hooting noises.
  3. cat - When she is in her pre-crying state (oh yes, there are stages to crying more on that another day). She makes a yowling sound like a slightly injured alley cat looking for some dinner. The first time I heard this I was sure that Carrie had traded our baby in for a cat at the ASPCA.
  4. goat - This was the first noise that we noticed but when she really gets going in her wailing she starts to make this trilling noise. That quickly turns into a stuttering wail which sounds exactly like a little goat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home